Remote/Hybrid (Edinburgh) - Full Time
BR-DGE is an award-winning FinTech scale-up that enables e-commerce and technology businesses the freedom and flexibility to redefine the way their customers pay.
We’re a pioneer in Payment Orchestration and support enterprise businesses in optimising their payment infrastructure to create market leading and frictionless digital payment experiences.
We’re an extremely ambitious group, with strong financial backing, who have created an amazing platform, which is pushing the boundaries of payment technology. We’re working with some incredible brands and household names across the travel, retail, and gambling sectors, and together with our strengthened management team, we are poised for exponential growth.
Now, we’re looking for exceptional talent that is eager to do the best work of their life while supporting others in doing the same, to be a critical part of, and fuel this growth phase. If you’re motivated by an environment that encourages professional progression and personal development, then we would love to hear from you!
Our product is only as good as the people behind it and we are going through an exciting period of growth and are looking for an experienced Java Developer to fuel this and to assist in the development and delivery of new products and features.
Role: Java Developer
Our product is only as good as the people behind it, and we are going through an exciting period of growth. As one of our Java Developers, you will work in a team who play a key role in the delivery of our company’s ambitious plans and to develop our innovative product offering.
Remote or Hybrid; our office is based in central Edinburgh, just a 5-minute walk from Haymarket station, and whilst being local is an advantage it is not essential.
Experience and Skills:
- You have a good knowledge of Java, Spring Boot, and the key Spring frameworks.
- You have an understanding of message-driven microservice architectures.
- Ideally, you have some knowledge and experience in messaging technologies (e.g., Kafka, RabbitMQ)
- You have some experience with databases (e.g., SQL Server, Oracle, Couchbase, Mongo DB, etc.) and an understanding of data models.
- You are familiar with cloud computing concepts and DevOps tools (Docker, Kubernetes, Gradle, Jenkins, etc.)
- Ideally, you have got experience of building REST API with Java
- You have high development standards in terms of code quality, code reviews, unit testing, continuous integration, and deployment.
- You have demonstrated ability to understand and implement product requirements.
- You have an appetite for taking on challenges and leveraging new technologies.
- You have good verbal and written communication skills.
- You have experience working with Agile.
The type of person we’d love to meet:
- An experienced Java developer with a proven track record of success within a similar, challenging environment
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- A strong relationship builder who will challenge and collaborate.
- Well organised and able to track multiple workflows.
- A great team player and all-round good human being!