Remote or Hybrid - (Edinburgh)
BR-DGE is an award winning FinTech scale-up that allows e-commerce and technology businesses the freedom and flexibility to redefine the way their customers pay.
We’re a pioneer in the Payment Orchestration sector and support Enterprise businesses in optimising their payment infrastructure to create a market leading and frictionless digital payment experience.
We’re an extremely ambitious group, with strong financial backing, who have created an amazing platform to achieve the companies’ goals over the past year. We’ve worked with more incredible customers than ever before, strengthened our management team and we’re poised for exponential growth.
Now, we’re looking for exceptional talent that is eager to do the best work of their life while supporting others in doing the same, to be a critical part of, and fuel this growth phase. If you’re motivated by an environment that encourages professional progression and personal development, then we would love to hear from you!
BR-DGE is going through an exciting period of growth and to fuel this we are looking for a Finance Assistant, to help build out our Finance team.
Assisting with all aspects of the day-to-day operation of the Finance team including:
- review and processing of purchase invoices ensuring they are appropriately authorised and coded
- processing of monthly sales invoices and ensuring timely collection
- processing of accruals and prepayments at the month end
- completing monthly bank reconciliations
- submission of monthly VAT returns
- set up of fortnightly supplier payment schedules for approval and authorisation
- set up of monthly salary schedules and submission of appropriate returns to HMRC/ NEST etc.
- monthly reconciliation of control accounts
- production of monthly management accounts
- contribution to the annual budgeting process and regular reforecasting during the year
- contribution to the continued development of financial systems and processes to ensure they continue to meet the needs of a growing business
- contribution to project work aligned with the Finance role (e.g looking at alternative methods of financing, automation of employee expenses, improvements in internal reporting etc.)
- assistance with administrative / operational duties as required
As a scale up business in a fast-moving industry we are really looking for someone who wants to get in at the start of the business journey and be hands-on with all aspects of the Finance function. It is an amazing opportunity to get into a business that offers huge scope for your own development, as well as the opportunity to make a difference!
The skills we are looking for include:
- A part qualified / newly qualified accountant
- Experience of Xero and all Microsoft products
- Experience in a fast-moving SME
- Experience of working in a small team and the ability to quickly get up to speed with the operations of the business
- Ability to work on own initiative, to suggest improvements and to take the lead on driving things forward.
The type of person we’d love to meet:
- An experienced finance professional with a proven track record of success within a similar, challenging role
- A self-starter who likes to work on own initiative and is passionate about making a difference
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills with an ability to influence key members of the team
- A strong relationship builder who will challenge and collaborate internally and externally.
- Experience of working with a high growth or scaling technology business
- Really well organised and able to track multiple demands
- A good human being!