BR-DGE is an award winning FinTech scale-up that enables e-commerce and technology businesses the freedom and flexibility to redefine the way their customers pay.
We’re a pioneer in Payment Orchestration and support enterprise businesses in optimising their payment infrastructure to create market leading and frictionless digital payment experiences.
We’re an extremely ambitious group, with strong financial backing, who have created an amazing platform, which is pushing the boundaries of payment technology. We’re working with some incredible brands and household names across the travel, retail, and gambling sectors, and together with our strengthened management team, we are poised for exponential growth.
Now, we’re looking for exceptional talent that is eager to do the best work of their life while supporting others in doing the same, to be a critical part of, and fuel this growth phase. If you’re motivated by an environment that encourages professional progression and personal development, then we would love to hear from you!
Location: Edinburgh/Hybrid e.g. 3 days in Edinburgh office with team and 2 days working from home.
Reporting to: Head of Sales Development
Role: Business Development Representative
Business Development Representatives are the backbone of the revenue team and responsible for the acquisition and influence of new customers. As a BDR, you will be responsible for generating top of funnel new business leads by leveraging a variety of outreach methods. You will then engage the wider commercial team who will assist in developing this lead into an opportunity and subsequent sales pipeline.
Leverage industry leading tools to:
- Identify organisations and contacts who align with our key value proposition and ideal customer profile
- Develop multi-channel outbound campaigns (e.g. email, phone, video, LinkedIn) and ensure messaging matches target persona
- Track, maintain and report lead generation activities (HubSpot)
- Responsible for the discovery and qualification of new prospects
- Attending regular meetings with wider commercial teams
- Proactively nurturing leads to keep them informed and interested
- Provide feedback to marketing and wider commercial teams to ensure alignment
- Proactively identify where knowledge and skill gaps occur for self development
- Stay up to date with market developments, industry trends, value propositions and pricing
- Minimum 12 months experience in a similar role
- A self-starter, focused and eager to learn
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills. Ability to craft compelling messaging
- Highly organised with a strong attention to detail and excellent time management
- Good business judgement/commercial acumen
- Ability to build strong working relationships
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and target-driven environment
- A team player
- Flexible, open to feedback and coachable
- Open to creating and working with new ideas and methodologies
- Native level in English
Nice to have:
- Experience working in ‘Fintech’ or payments
- Experience in a customer-facing role
- Previous SaaS selling experience
- Exposure to a CRM tool (e.g. HubSpot)
- Competitive salary (expectations and range can be discussed during initial interview)
- 33 days holiday including public holidays
- Additional birthday day off
- Flexible working
- Family healthcare
- Life insurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Remote working allowance
- A culture that champions career progression
- Investment in your learning, development, and career progression
- Regular team events & socials
Apply for this role